There are numerous techniques to remove unwanted hair. Currently, laser hair removal is one of the leading non-invasive methods. Unlike other IPL and laser hair removal systems, the Soprano XL is the only pain-free laser on the market and has virtually no risk of burning, blistering or stinging.
Learn more about Laser Hair Removal
Soprano XL Laser Hair Removal is pain free due to the patented IN-Motion technology and the Sapphire DualChill tip, allowing more sensitive areas to be treated more comfortably. During a laser a hair removal treatment, gentle pulses of light (laser energy) pass through the skin and are absorbed by the melanin of the hair follicles.
IN-Motion technology allows these hair follicles under the skin to be heated until they can no longer reproduce hair. At the same time, the Sapphire DualChill tip of the laser allows the surface of your skin to remain cool and so preventing the skin from burning. Therefore, you are totally relaxed and comfortable throughout your treatment. Various settings such as the pulse duration and power are carefully chosen and adjusted to ensure only the hair follicles are targeted and not any other part of the skin.
From a complete course of treatments, you will see great results and great permanent reduction in unwanted hair growth.
The Soprano XL is clinically proven to be safe and effective. Almost all areas of the body are completely safe to treat. The most popular treatment areas include:
Women – underarms, bikini line, face & legs.
Men – chest, back and shoulders.
The Soprano XL is suitable for all pigmented hair and all skin types including darker and tanned skins. The Soprano XL allows adjustments to treatment parameters such as gender and skin type. Therefore, each treatment is client specific. White hairs are not pigmented and so there is no melanin to absorb the laser energy. Therefore this treatment will not be beneficial for this hair type.
Hair growth occurs in 4 stages. Laser hair removal only affects ‘actively growing hair’ (Stage 1, Anagen). Multiple treatments are required to achieve permanent hair reduction as not every hair is in the same growth stage at any one time.
Generally a minimum of 6 treatments is required at approximately 4-6 weeks apart for facial areas and 6-8 weeks apart for areas on the body. However, individual clients may vary on hair density, hair colour and skin colour, and may require additional treatments. Facial areas especially may require more sessions, as the hair growth is much finer.
- Virtually pain-free
- Fast effective permanent reduction of hair growth
- Minimal risks of side effects
- Suitable for all pigmented hair types
- Suitable for all skin types including darker and tanned skin
- Treatment is suitable for males and females
- Avoid the sun and sun beds 4 weeks before and after treatment.
- Avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
- If have had a history of cold sores, Zovirax may be used prior to treatment and continued one week after treatment.
- The use of tanning cream must be discontinued two weeks before treatment.
Please shave the area the day before or morning before the treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn
- The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
- The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home.
- Makeup may be used 24 hours after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation
- Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after treatment. The area can be shaved in between treatments.
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for AT LEAST three weeks after treatment.
- Anywhere from 5-19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
- After the underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of deodorant, for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In most cases, you will see 25-30% hair reduction with each treatment session. Up to 95% total hair reduction can be seen after 6-8 sessions. Certain factors such as hormones, however, can affect the results and it may take more sessions to achieve the desired results.
With the use of the patented DualChill tip which keeps the skin cool. There is virtually no pain.